About this state
Did you know that most of the country thinks that Kentucky bluegrass is blue? Well, you know that's not true but you know what can be? KENTUCKY ON THE ELECTORAL MAP! Put down that bourbon and saddle up, because we got the great "Democracy Derby" coming up this November. (The election, duh.) Here's everything you need to know so that you are prepped and ready for the race, fancy hat and all!BE A VOTER
Voter Registration Deadline
Recommended Absentee/Mail-in Ballot Request Deadline
Absentee/Mail-in Ballot Request Deadline (online only)
Absentee/Mail-in Ballot Return Deadline
How do I make sure I'm registered to vote?
Can I register the same day I want to vote?
Can I vote by mail?
Can I vote early?
Do I need an ID?
How do I cast my ballot?
SINCE YOU LAST VOTED…
Since 2020, it’s gotten easier to cast your ballot in Kentucky. Here are the changes you need to pay attention to:
When making a plan to vote…
- All absentee voting requests should now be made online (except for overseas voters and those who want emergency absentee ballots).
- Early voting is here! It’s now available from 6:00am to 8:00pm on the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before an election.
- In-person absentee voting (which is NOT the same as early voting because it requires an excuse and takes place before early voting – confusing, we know) is now available to more groups of people: those who will be absent from their county during early voting, surgery patients, those in military service during early voting, pregnant voters in their third trimester, voters who will work all of polling hours on Election Day, and election administration officials. (Phew.)
- Disabled voters can now vote online.
- Only relatives, housemates, and caregivers can return your ballot on your behalf.
- Drop boxes are here to stay in Kentucky!
- Kentucky just passed a law that creates a ballot tracking system. TBD to see what that’ll look like, but it should make voting even easier going forward.
Vote Save the Senate Fund
If we can win 52 Senate seats in 2022, Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema’s refusal to change the filibuster won’t matter. We can elect a Democratic majority that takes decisive action on raising the minimum wage, forgiving student debt, fighting climate change, protecting reproductive freedom, and more. We need to protect the four most vulnerable Democratic incumbents in purple states and support challengers in winnable states. You can start today by donating here to directly support eight of the most competitive Senate races of 2022.
Volunteer In Kentucky
Voters will show up on Election Day if you start showing up now! Find out the difference you could make right around the corner.
Find Out Where To Vote
Make your plan to vote! If you're voting in person, double check where you need to go to do it.
Find the details on accessible voting in your state, including early voting, Election Day voting, mail voting, and accessible mail voting tools for people with print disabilities.Learn More
Get your absentee ballot here!Learn More
Need to show Voter ID? Not sure what kind? Get the specifics in your state here.Learn More